Friday, July 24, 2015

Labor Look

God is *SO* good, yall!

I had a rough lead up, but my actual labor was a breeze! Due to excessive amniotic fluid I was induced at 38 1/2 weeks, but once we got into the delivery room to get started it was clear we picked the right day! By 11:30am Lucy Kate Woodard was here! 

Chance posted a couple of pictures of us before and after labor;


and received a lot of questions about me having a hair and makeup team stashed away. Anyone reading this knows of my vanity (my favorite sin. God and I talk about it all the time), and even though my hair guru WAS there before (she's my cousin! Of course she was!) and my makeup MIRACLE WORKER was one of the first to see this sweet baby before she'd even been weighed, they weren't on the clock. *wink*

While waiting on the doctors to make rounds the next morning I documented my entire look for the day. I woke up Tuesday morning with severe contractions, so at 4am washed, blew out and curled my hair, so that's all leftover, but as far as makeup:

Started out with a fresh face

Since my face has cleared up, I haven't worn foundation in months. BB cream is YOUR BEST FRIEND. On the day of I wore my DIY BB cream, but the lid on my bottle is janky so I packed this one for my hospital bag and it's not as great as mine, but works in a pinch. 

Step two, a layer of bronzer on the apples of my cheeks, of course. I use GloMinerals loose powder in Bronze. 

Then brows. I use GloMinerals brow pencil in brunette. 

Curl lashes. Goes without mentioning but hey, someone may not know the life or death situation here. 

Two layers of mascara on top lashes only. No one has time for raccoon eyes in the event of happy tears! 

The staple of my LIFE is Baby Lips. I think I've posted about these sweet tubes about ten times, but it's just amazing. 

And BAM, you're set for the entire day, photo ready in 5 minutes flat. Maybe even more like 3! 

Until next time...here's another shameless pic of my sweet angel baby Lucy



Xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment