Wednesday, August 5, 2015

DIY Stain Remover

Hello hello!!

I'm sure everyone has seen this recipe on Pinterest, but I've got to share! The Pin calls for 1 part blue Dawn to be mixed with 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide. I didn't have blue Dawn on hand, but I DID have pink Palmolive, so let's live dangerously. 

Here are my (Layla's) stains. I honestly have no clue what this is, but I'll guess either cream soda, cheezit residue, or coffee. 


I hosed the entire front of the tee with the solution and let it sit for about an hour. 

Okay revision: I got sidetracked, forgot about this project and went to bed, leaving this tee, one of mine, and a dress sitting on the counter in the Laundry room, BUT I threw them all in this morning (afternoon) when I realized! I ran them through an express cycle set on low soil, and here's the tee fresh out of the machine, still wet:


And after drying! 


The stains are GONE! Keep in mind, these stains were a few months old and the tee has been washed about ten times since they were created, so they were definitely set-in! I'm glad I made a big batch of this, because it's now a staple at our house. 

Let me know how it works for yall!
Xoxo
Lauren 

P.S.
Love this tee? You can find it at http://www.thelightblonde.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment