Tuesday, May 26, 2015

NexGen Nails

Hello There!


I'm very fortunate to have always had good. healthy nails. They grow long and thick and tolerate any shape I put them in. They never get brittle and will peel before they break, but I have the HARDEST time keeping them polished! I'm assuming since I'm used to them being long and tough I forget to baby my polish, and I end up having to do touch ups almost daily. Who has time for that?! 

On Friday I made plans to change my polish, but remembered a friend of mine posting a picture on Instagram of her NexGen manicure so I texted her and she couldn't say enough great things about it and had just come from an appointment herself. She sold me! 

I contacted Amanda Seay at The Parlour here in Paris, TX. They're located downtown in a BEAUTIFUL historical building.  You can find them on Instagram at @TheParlourParis , or if you're local you can message Amanda directly at: (903) 905-0099.



Here's what I walked in there with:




Naked, unpolished, unbuffed, sad nails.

Before starting, Amanda ran me through the entire process, step by step.  She was completely patient with every question I had and was very detailed.  This is actual colored acrylic layered over your natural nails with no tips required (although available!), but get THIS picture out of your head:


Because that is NOT happening here.  Can we all just make a pact and promise to let these tacky nails die? Preferably right this second?  If you're wearing these on your poor, mistreated fingertips at the moment, do yourself a favor and call Amanda at The Parlour. Tell her I sent you.

My entire appointment, including my mini lesson on how the process goes, shaping, filing and buffing my nails, applying the NexGen AND an additional coat of Crystal Set, (which was suggested by Amanda because I warned her that I'm hard on my nails), PLUS the entire mani process of cuticle oil and lotion massaged in, I was in and out in less than an hour.


When I left the salon I sent these pictures to all of my girlfriends and told them I felt like I had had a hand transplant.  I'm AMAZED with the results and can assure you all that I am hooked.  





They're hard, but not thick, and y'all have to remember that I have an extra coat, so if you're not a mechanic or a bull in a china shop you won't even need it.

I had these done on Saturday.  Since then I have had a 3 day weekend of cleaning my entire house, doing endless loads of laundry, feeding and watering animals, packing for the family, pool partying with 8000 kids and endless girlfriends, snapping peas, peeling shrimp, making beds, YOU NAME IT; all of the things that wear your nails out, and here they are on Tuesday:


Like a brand new manicure.  Not a chip, not even a dull spot! 

If you're a nail girl, get on this train right away!

Until next time!
xoxo
Lauren



2 comments:

  1. Those pink and white nails are ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why she said forget it. Those are acrylic, not nexgen.

      Delete