Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Belly knot

Hello There! 

As I enter my 7th month of pregnancy, it gets harder to get excited about getting dressed, and I refuse to buy new clothes knowing I won't be in them for long. A girlfriend gave me this amazing black maxi dress since she bought it on a whim, got it home and realized she would have to grow a foot to wear it. It's strapless, so I've worn it a couple of times with cardigans but May in Texas calls for something more light weight for work. 

I've had this express tank top for LITERALLY 5 years. It's shortened up a bit from all of the washing so I haven't worn it recently. (Maternity crop tops should NEVER be a thing.) Thrown on and knotted over this maxi? Perfection! It's hard not to feel like you're wearing a parachute when you no longer have a waist so the knot draws it all in at your "new" waist. 


I'll definitely carry this look into post-pregnancy with tanks and tee shirts! 

If you try this one, tag me on IG so I can see and get inspiration from how you styled it!

Until next time!
Xoxo
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. How cute are you?! Love this idea and LOVE a good maxi. Its basically a nightgown that's acceptable to wear outside the home -- am I right?!

    Do ya'll know the gender of this baby?

    xo, Leah Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! YES they're just an acceptable form of sweats. Haha! Am I wearing a bra? Am I not? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!

      We're having another girl and she will share a name with your middle child! It's a family name on Chance's side. I'm surprised I picked it out so quickly because poor Layla didn't have a name until I was DELIVERING and the pressure was on.

      Delete