Thursday, June 5, 2014

An eBay snafu gone RIGHT!

My favorite Jessica Simpson heels finally bit the dust.  Right where the ball of my foot sits on the bottom, they snapped.  I shouldn't be upset, I've had them for 6, maybe 7 years.


To ease my broken heart, I looked on eBay to see if I could find the exact pair, knowing it was a stretch.  I didn't find them, but i DID find that there are some AWESOME shoes to be had! I have no idea why women would choose to let these babies go; maybe they were a gift, or bought on a whim and never worn, who knows? Their loss is my gain and I didn't ask questions, just bid on every pair I could! Guess how many I won? ALMOST ALL OF THEM.  Whoops.  

Here are the ones that have come in in the last three days:

Dont y'all know my mail carrier must hate my guts? Keep in mind, I bid on 11 or 12 pairs and some auctions are still going, plus some are still being delivered, this is just what I've received so far.

These Nine West wedges were New, IN THE BOX, and I paid $5 for them.


These leopard beauties are Steve Madden, new with box AND TAG were scored for $9.99.


These Dolce Vita wedges were not new, but are still in perfect condition, $169.00 price sticker still intact on the bottom. Guess what I paid for them? TWO AMERICAN DOLLARS. Not kidding.


Jessica Simpson wedges, second most comfortable pair I've ever had on my feet. (Behind the leopard Steve Maddens, above). $8.99. Brand new, no box but not a speck of dirt and the holes in the buckles have never been punctured on the left shoe. CRAZINESS.


Another pair of Jessica Simpsons, without box and a bit crumpled during shipping, $5.00


Lastly, these sex on a platform Jessica Simpsons, brand new in original packaging, $9.99.


Of course, I had to pay shipping on all of them, and it was more than the shoes themselves each time but that's a part of life, and still didn't make them more than $20 a pair once it all averaged out.

Chance's first question was "Are they all real?" Hahaha.  If someone takes the time to replicate fabulous, inexpensive shoe lines, more power to them.  I love that my talks of The Label Loop have affected his thinking.  God love him.

So, moral of the story; the next time you're jonesing for some good quality shoes but don't have time to shop all over town or a few hundred dollars laying around in a shoe fund, check eBay! you never know what is currently being cast off!

xoxo
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment