Monday, June 16, 2014

Organization

Organization

When you have a family of 6 and live in a 1300 square foot home, organization is KEY.  Caycee and Layla share a bedroom and Layla's clothes are all stored in an armoir Chance has converted into a wardrobe.  It's worked for years, but now her shoes have overrun the bottom, thanks to two of my best girlfriends who hand down clothes their girls have grown out of to Layla.  We are SO FORTUNATE to have had a girl right at one and two years behind Sarah and Heather!  Here's how shoes were stored before:
A royal mess. With all of her dresses getting longer, we were losing space, so I made a quick trip to our local Family Dollar and picked up one of these:

It's black canvas, hangs on three hooks over the door, and makes me wonder if my head's been up my ass for the last two years because I why else would it have taken me so long to figure this out?  Now they're all in one place, and out of the way:

But why stop there? I picked up an extra one because my scarf situation was quite a mess as well.  Some were on hangers in my closet, some on hooks on the back of the door; all a disaster:

Now they're rolled up neatly and all in one place:

So until we buy a bigger house, re-purposing space will be my new hobby.

xoxo
Lauren



2 comments:

  1. Buy another shoe organizer for all your cleaning supplies. I keep Off, Comet, Windex, etc behind my bathroom door. Each kid has one in their closets for a variety of items sport medals, markers, belts, hand held video games, and once upon a time Barbie dolls.

    ReplyDelete