Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Over-Pluckers Anonymous

Trends come and go, but the bad, super skinny eyebrows of the late 90s-early 2000s sure stayed with us! Had I known that the over tweezing I did in high school would haunt me forever, I would have laid off of everything except my unibrow. That's (hopefully?) never going to be the look to achieve! 

Here are my naked brows. As you can see, They've been taken in way too far on the inside.


I use one of these two products to fill in the gaps:


GloMinerals comes in 4 shades and has a stiff brush at the end that is completely necessary for blending.  I use Brunette and it's a perfect match.

Ipsy sent me this Chella brow pencil in Dazzling Dark Brown and I love that it's so tiny! You can be very precise with it, which would work wonderfully for those who draw every hair on individually.


I used both this morning just to show how identical the colors are.

I draw the inner corner in very square

Then fill

I also add a little 'oomph' to the top of my arch


Then blend it all with the brush on the end of the Glo pencil

 

See the difference between my full and wimpy brow?


Wondering how to know how much filling you need? I learned this trick from Lauren Conrad YEARS ago and it still applies! To know where your brow should naturally fall on the inside, line a pencil up with the outer corner of your mouth (at rest; no smiling!) then follow to the outside of your nostril.  Where it lands is where you should start.  Mine are way off when not filled in, proving that I've taken about a centimeter too much off over the years.  I wish I'd taken these pics before, but you get the gist.

To find where the tail of your brow should stop, line the same pencil up with the OTHER corner of your lip, outside of the same nostril, and roll towards your temple.


After taking these pictures I realized I needed to fill mine out a little better on the outside!


Happy Filling, friends!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment