Wednesday, October 23, 2013

North Carolina or Bust





My brother Kyle married the beautiful Caren Anne this past Friday. The older kids had school so Layla was the only one who got to join us in our cross country drive. You may think we're crazy for choosing to drive to North Carolina from Texas but you have to remember that with babies come a LOT of stuff. Flying just wasn't feasible once we factored in the need for a car seat, pack n play, stroller, toys, travel high chair, etc. We left at 5am on Saturday morning and the little one was NOT in the mood. She literally looked me in the eyes and said "NOOOOOO"

Chance and I were ready to rock and roll, though!

Layla got it together once we hit Arkansas and I bribed her with the iPad




After about 12 hours of driving we stopped in Knoxville, TN and spent the night. Layla had an Ali moment and ate pizza in the bed. We know how to party.






Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, starting at 5 am, but once we reached the house Kyle and Caren rented for the week, all stress was forgotten!

The best part? I FINALLY got to get my hands on my sweet neice Riley Anne and all was right with the world. Isn't she beautiful?








Until the wedding post, Adios!

P.S....my hair? Anything BUT phenomenal all week. How do people live in that climate? I was a ruckus all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment