Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Maybelline Fit Me review


Hello, Dolls! 

For YEARS I've used Bare Minerals foundation because it's so great for my temperamental skin, but since I've passed my early twenties (and rounded the corner a bit) I've noticed it settles into my fine lines a bit too much, and seemed to wear off quicker than it used to. 

Before Bare Minerals, I wore a heavy "cream to powder" by Lancôme that I loved, but I just can't justify paying that much for a beauty product now that I'm not a single girl making more cash than I can spend. 

I picked up this Almay mousse makeup, which claimed an airbrushed finish. I LOVED the coverage and feel of the makeup itself, but since it's packaged in a pot you have to put your finger in it to get any out, and it gets under your nail and just isn't user friendly. Half way through the container I decided it wasn't worth it and moved on. I also noticed this dried my face out TERRIBLY! By mid afternoon my forehead would get scaly! Not gonna work for me! 

On a whim, I saw this Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder on sale at Walgreens and picked it up. I'M LOVING IT!! It's a really dense, smooth powder. (My color: Natural Beige) 



This is me with NOTHING on my skin. I usually apply BB cream before any makeup but wanted to show the coverage given with this pressed powder alone. 

Annnnnd okay so I have my eyebrows on but one blog post on here without them is enough for one lifetime. 

Anyway, naked face:
Notice the redness, under eye discoloration, and mild breakout areas. 

Here's after applying the Maybelline Fit Me powder ONLY. 

I'm amazed and VERY happy with the coverage. For those who like a little more coverage, I'm sure it could be applied more liberally, but one swipe is just right for me. 

I've been using this for about a week now and it lasts all day, washes off easily, doesn't get oily or dry, and is so quickly applied. My bronzer and blush go on a lot more smoothly and the color shows more true than with other foundations I've used. I never noticed how mineral foundations seemed to zap the two before! 

If you're in the market for a new foundation, or are over the multi-step processes of cream foundation followed by powder, give this one a try! I'd love to hear what Yall think about it!

Until next time!
Xoxo
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment